Kindergarten Admissions Checklist
Step One: Application
- Complete the Online Application
- Pay the online Application Fee of $40.00.
Step Two: Admissions Testing
- Call Pam Snider, Ph.D. or JoAnne Ray, Ph.D. to schedule an appointment to take the WPPSI-IV. Please see Preparing Your Child for Kindergarten Testing for more information.
- A testing fee of $150 should be paid directly to Dr. Snider or Dr. Ray at the time of the appointment.
JoAnne Ray, Ph.D.
8650 Minnie Brown Road, Suite 14
Dr. Ray received her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Memphis. She completed her residency in Clinical Psychology at the Medical College of Georgia/VA Consortium in 1995. From 1995-99, she was a staff psychologist with the Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System. In 1999, she left that position to start her private practice.
Pam Snider, Ph.D.
4754 Woodmere Boulevard, Suite B
Dr. Snider received her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Auburn University and has been a licensed psychologist in private practice since 1993. She completed her residency in Clinical Psychology at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago, IL.
Step Three: K-View Preview (Recommended)
Our Kindergarten Preview, K-View, welcomes parents to join us during the day to observe our Kindergarten classrooms in action to get an authentic look at a day in the life of an MA Kindergarten student. K-Views will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. K-View can be scheduled by clicking here or by calling the Admissions Office at 272-8210.
Step Four: K-Play
- Playgroups are scheduled only after an application has been received. The Admissions office will coordinate a time that works for you and your child.
Step Five: Confidential Common Recommendation Form
- Sign the Confidential Common Recommendation Form and give it to the applicant's current preschool teacher after January 1, 2020.
- Your child's preschool should return the form at their earliest convenience in a sealed envelope by mail, by fax to 334-277-3240, or by email to email@example.com. The form MUST come directly from the teacher. Parents may not hand-deliver completed Recommendation Forms to MA.