Grades 5-12 Admissions Checklist
The Montgomery Academy is accepting applications for both the 2023-2024 and the 2024-2025 school year.
Step One: Application
Step Two: Admissions Testing
- Applicants in Grades 5-12 are required to take the ISEE. PSAT, SAT, Pre-ACT, and ACT are also accepted for applicants in grades 9-12.
- Use the school code 011897 when registering for the test to have the applicant’s test scores sent to the Academy.
- The test is taken on a computer at home or at a Prometric Testing Center across the country, and takes approximately two-and-a-half hours to complete with an allowance for breaks.
Step Three: Confidential Teacher Evaluations
- Sign the Math Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form and the English Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form and give them to the applicant’s current English and math teachers. Additional recommendations may be submitted but are not required.
- To maintain confidentiality, the applicant's teachers should mail or scan and email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the Confidential Teacher Recommendation Forms directly to the Admissions Office.
- Parents may not hand-deliver a Confidential Teacher Recommendation Forms to MA.
Step Four: Transcript Request Form
- Sign the Transcript Request Form and give it to the principal, head, or guidance counselor at the applicant’s current school.
- Ask the current school to mail or scan and email the Transcript Request Form and a copy of the applicant's transcript directly to the Admissions Office. The current school must send a copy of the applicant's transcript. A formal transcript will be requested should the student enroll at the Academy.
- Parents may not hand-deliver a Transcript Request Form to MA.
Step Five: Interview
- Interviews are informal and will be scheduled by the Admissions Office.
- Applicants will interview with the Division Director or another key administrator of the grade for which they are applying.
- Applicants will be notified by email of their interview times.
- Interviews will last approximately 20 minutes.
- Out-of-town applicants may be interviewed via FaceTime, Skype, or telephone.