Grades 6-12 Admissions Checklist
The Montgomery Academy is accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. Once an admissions file is complete, a family will be notified of acceptance to the school.
Step One: Application
Step Two: Admissions Testing
- Testing will be scheduled on an individual basis by the Admissions Office once an application is submitted. An email to register the applicant for the test will be sent by the Admissions Office with instructions to register through the Education Records Bureau (ISEE).
- Pay the $130 test fee directly to ISEE once you receive the email link to register.
- Use the school code 011897 when registering for the test to have the applicant’s test scores sent to the Academy.
- The test is taken on a computer at the Vaughn Road campus (3240 Vaughn Road) and takes approximately two-and-a-half hours to complete with an allowance for breaks.
- Out-of-town applicants should contact the Admissions Office regarding testing options.
Testing Dates for Grades 5-6: January 24, February 21, March 11
Testing Dates for Grades 7-12: January 31, February 28, March 12
Step Three: Confidential Teacher Evaluations
- Sign the Math Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form and the English Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form and give them to the applicant’s current English and math teachers. Additional recommendations may be submitted but are not required.
- To maintain confidentiality, the applicant's teachers should mail, fax (334-277-3240), or scan and email (email@example.com) the Confidential Teacher Recommendation Forms directly to the Admissions Office.
- Parents may not hand-deliver a Confidential Teacher Recommendation Forms to MA.
Step Four: Transcript Request Form
- Sign the Transcript Request Form and give it to the principal, head, or guidance counselor at the applicant’s current school.
- Ask the current school to mail, fax, or scan and email the Transcript Request Form and a copy of the applicant's transcript directly to the Admissions Office. The current school must send a copy of the applicant's transcript. A formal transcript will be requested should the student enroll at the Academy.
- Parents may not hand-deliver a Transcript Request Form to MA.
Step Five: Interview
- Interviews are informal and will be scheduled by the Admissions Office.
- Applicants will interview with the Division Director or another key administrator of the grade for which they are applying.
- Applicants will be notified by email of their interview times.
- Interviews will last approximately 20 minutes.
- Out-of-town applicants may be interviewed via FaceTime, Skype, or telephone.