Grades 6-12 Admissions Checklist
All Admissions files must be complete by February 22, 2018 to be considered in the first round of Admissions decisions
Step One: Application
- Complete the Online Application.
- Submit the application fee of $40. Checks may be made payable to The Montgomery Academy or opt for online payment.
Step Two: Admissions Testing
- Testing will be scheduled on an individual basis by the Admissions Office once an application is submitted and the application fee is paid. An email to register the applicant for the test will be sent by the Education Records Bureau (ISEE) to the applicant's parents.
- Pay the $110 test fee directly to ISEE once you receive the email link to register.
- Use the school code 011897 when registering for the test to have the applicant’s test scores sent to the Academy.
- The test is taken on a computer at the Vaughn Road campus (3240 Vaughn Road) and takes approximately two-and-a-half hours to complete with an allowance for breaks.
- Out-of-town applicants should contact the Admissions Office regarding testing options.
Step Three: Campus Tour
- As part of the admissions process, all families should schedule a time to visit the campus for a tour. Please call the Admissions Office to make an appointment. Current MA families are not required to take a campus tour.
Step Four: Confidential Teacher Evaluations
- Sign two Confidential Teacher Recommendation Forms and give them to the applicant’s current English and math teachers after January 1, 2018. Additional recommendations may be submitted but are not required.
- To maintain confidentiality, the applicant's teachers should mail, fax, or scan and email the Confidential Teacher Recommendation Forms directly to the Admissions Office.
- Parents may not hand-deliver a Confidential Teacher Recommendation Forms to MA.
Step Five: Transcript Request Form
- Sign the Transcript Request Form and give it to the principal, head, or guidance counselor at the applicant’s current school.
- Ask the current school to mail, fax, or scan and email the Transcript Request Form and a copy of the applicant's transcript directly to the Admissions Office. The current school must send a copy of the applicant's transcript. A formal transcript will be requested should the student enroll at the Academy.
- Parents may not hand-deliver a Transcript Request Form to MA.
Step Six: Interview
- Interviews are informal and will be scheduled by the Admissions Office.
- Applicants will interview with the Division Director or another key administrator of the grade for which they are applying.
- Applicants will be notified by email of their interview times.
- Interviews will last approximately 20 minutes.
- Out-of-town applicants may be interviewed via FaceTime, Skype, or telephone.
Step Seven: Birth Certificate and Social Security Card
- Submit a copy of the applicant's official birth certificate and a copy of the applicant’s Social Security card to the Admissions Office.