This is why Montgomery Academy may be the best fit for your child. We offer:
- The best academic preparation in Montgomery, as evidenced by our college acceptance list
- Talented and passionate faculty who are skilled in developing students as critical thinkers, fluid writers and problem solvers
- A well-rounded program, with outstanding offerings in arts and athletics as well as academics
- Character education emphasized through nonsectarian daily reflections, school-wide community service and a student-run honor system
- A family atmosphere where children are known and challenged individually and parents are welcomed as volunteers and partners
- Two nearby campuses that allow for best of both worlds: a safe, self-contained environment for younger students (kindergarten through grade 5), and a place to stretch and grow for older students (grades 6 through 12)
- On-site after-school care and enrichment options, including Chinese and Tae Kwan Do (there’s even an after-school program for middle schoolers)
Comparing our tuition with other independent schools? Please note that Montgomery Academy’s costs are inclusive—daily lunch and books are included, as are the cost of most sporting equipment and uniforms. We also offer generous financial aid to eligible families.
Looking for more information? Please complete the online inquiry. We also encourage you to schedule a campus tour so you can see the MA Difference in action for yourself.
A 2003 graduate of MA, Rachael joined the Academy staff in April 2013. She graduated Phi Beta Kappa from The University of Alabama earning her bachelor's degree magna cum laude in biology. Rachael's community involvement includes serving as a board member for the Montgomery Area Zoological Society, Samaritan Counseling Center, Britton YMCA, and the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts JEB. She is also active on the Jimmy Hitchcock Award committee and the Blue Gray National Tennis Classic committee. Rachael is a graduate of Leadership Montgomery Torchbearer’s Class VI. Rachael and her husband, Tim, live in Cloverdale with their daughters, Kate and Margaret, and their dogs, Hurley and Princess Buttercup. She enjoys playing tennis and soccer, reading, trivia and a good brunch. Rachael is excited to connect with prospective families, share her story and personal experience at MA, and assist throughout the admissions process.
Brooke is a 2004 graduate of The Montgomery Academy. She attended the University of Alabama where she earned Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education as well as her Master of Arts degree in Elementary Education. Brooke taught in the Mountain Brook school system for three years before returning to The Montgomery Academy to teach for an additional six years. She and her husband, Alan, enjoy spending time as a family with their two young children.
Originally from Greenville, Alabama, Linda and her husband traveled extensively with the United States Air Force until he retired and they located to Montgomery. Linda attended Troy State Montgomery and is a graduate of Massey-Draughn Business College. Linda has experience working in both the coporate and legal fields, but has worked in education since 1991 when she joined the Academy as the Assistant to the Head of School. Ultimately moving into the Admissions Office, Linda found her niche where she can utilize both her personal and organizational skills. Linda and her husband are active in their church and are the proud parents of three grown children and one grandson.