Request for Financial Aid
For more on The Montgomery Academy Finanical Aid click here
Frequently Asked Questions
I really want the quality of an Academy education for my children, but my family cannot afford the full cost of tuition. Is there a financial aid program?
The Academy has an endowment given by alumni, parents and friends specifically for financial aid. Financial need is the sole criterion for granting aid. Deliberations of the Financial Aid Committee are strictly confidential. The child's admission process is separated from the financial aid evaluation so that the child is guaranteed consideration on his or her own merits, not on the family's ability to pay tuition.
How do I apply for financial aid?
Before you can apply for financial aid, your child must be either an enrolled student or an applicant whose application forms and fees have been submitted to the Admissions Office. The steps in the financial aid application procedure are:
- Email a request for a financial aid application to Susannah Cleveland. The application package will be mailed to you in January 2013 or after depending on the date of your request.
- Complete the Academy's Application for Financial Aid which includes a student service for financial aid (SSS) application and return to Academy Business Office.
- Submit to the Academy a copy of the family's federal income tax return (1040), including all schedules and W-2s from the year prior to the child's entering year.
- If the family owns a business or a farm, an additional SSS Business/Farm Statement must be completed and submitted with the tax return to the Academy.
- If the parents are divorced or separated, the noncustodial parent should also complete an applicaion.
How does the Academy notify me of its financial aid decision?
A report from School and Student Service is sent to the school as soon as the application is processed. This process takes about four to six weeks. The Academy's Financial Aid Committee evaluates the SSS report and the tax return and reaches a decision based on the financial status and the amount available in the financial aid fund. A reply is mailed to the family as soon as the committee reaches a decision. Although you may receive an admission decision on your child before you receive the financial aid decision, your child's enrollment contract and refundable deposit must be submitted by the designated date. Your child's enrollment contract is not binding until your financial aid decision is finalized.