Tuition & Fees
For 2016-2017 Academic Year*
*2017-2018 Tuition will be announced in January 2017.
Tuition at The Montgomery Academy includes the following:
• Non-refundable deposit
• Lunch for grades K-12
• Snacks for grades K-4
• Admission to all home athletic events (playoffs excluded)
• A yearbook
• All technology fees
• Parent Association (POA) dues
The Montgomery Academy does not charge a New Family Fee, Building Fee or Technology Fee.
Please note: Textbooks, field-trips and fees are additional charges that will be billed separately at one time during the school year and vary by grade level. The average amount for these fees is around $400.
Tuition Refund Plan (TRP) insurance through DEWAR is available for an additional 1.8% fee. The insurance premium protects your tuition investment in certain circumstances when withdrawing from school for relocation or other reasons may be necessary.Three-Payment Plan
- The three-payment plan requires a $1,000 non-refundable deposit due with the return of the enrollment contract. Forty percent of the remaining balance is due on June 1, 2016; 20 percent is due on August 1, 2016; and 40 percent is due on January 9, 2017.
- KINDERGARTEN: The monthly-payment plan is 11 payments beginning with a $1,000 non-refundable deposit in March and 10 monthly payments of $870 May 1 through February 1.
- GRADES 1-12: The monthly-payment plan is 12 equal payments beginning March 1 and ending February 1. A $1000 non-refundable deposit is included in the first monthly payment. (1-4) $1082 (5-6) $1116 (7-12) $1187
After School Programs
MA+ After-School Care Program 3:10 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Academy students from kindergarten through fourth grade may attend MA+, an after-school care program at the Lower School campus. The basic schedule includes an energizing snack, supervised homework with special individual help and encouragement of organizational and study skills. Students also engage in active play, quiet games, and arts and crafts. The fees for the MA+ program from 3:10 p.m.-5:30 p.m., September-May will be: 4 days per week or more for $1,980 ($220 per month); 3 days per week or less for $1,395 ($155 per month). There is a $25 non-refundable registration fee.
MA+ will follow the school calendar. However, if the Academy is on a half-day schedule, we will extend our MA+ after-school care if necessary.
MS+ Middle School Program 3:15 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
The MS+ Program is offered Monday-Friday from 3:15-5:30 p.m. with homework and study time, followed by supervised games and activities, and "Special Event Fridays!"
- two or less days a week $85 a month
- three or more days a week $105 a month
To accommodate the seasonal changes in student schedules, parents may sign up for a month at a time. We do not allow "drop by" usage of the program. Middle School students who are not signed up for the MS+ Program or going straight to after school sports must be picked up promptly after dismissal. Students may not go to the library to wait for their rides if they are not participants in the after school program. Monthly fees are not prorated for partial attendance.